German Shepherds Forum banner

Happy 1-5 Kramer! (GSD mix)

18K views 31 replies 29 participants last post by  elsie 
#1 ·
It's Kramer's birthday month! I have no idea exactly how old he is, but I think he was about 10 months when I got him from the Erie, PA HS.

He thought he'd make it a dramatic one this year, and had emergency surgery for bloat, torsion, and then a bonus liver tumor removal (unknown tumor) two weeks ago today. So this is an extra special birthday-but really, they all are! His recovery (knock wood) has been phenomenal! That's his gift to me!

1994 in Erie-about a year old:

Another picture of Kramer in his younger days-top dog!

Last winter-

Last spring-

After a bath this summer-I don't think you need to guess how he felt about that...

Taking a run-viva Adequan!

20 minutes after surgery-get me OUT of here!

And yesterday-after stitch removal (down to 53#-same as when I got him! Just a little redistributed...
)

Happy Birthday, King Kramer!

See less See more
#3 ·
What a book you could write I bet! I hope you have a great Birthday, Kramer. Does mom have a nice T-bone for your dinner?

#8 ·
There's that Kramer, hogging all of the attention! First he has to have this major health crisis because he wasn't getting enough attention and now he goes and claims an entire month as his birthday!

Kramer! Make your mom give you something really special...like a turkey hot dog!

#9 ·
I was hoping to dazzle Kramer boy there with a birthday greeting in flashy lights but I am not skilled enough do it so he only gets this:

Handsome Boy!!! Wishing you many more!!!

#12 ·
Happy 15th Barkday/Gotcha day Kramer :),

Still full of machismo I see...lolol. Make sure mom gets something VERY special for your day :);

#14 ·
<span style='font-size: 26pt'> <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> <span style="color: #3333FF"> HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY DEAR KRAMER & MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE!!! </span> </span> </span>

#19 ·
Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAANThanks from Kramer!

That's him-he wants the whole month!!! It's Mariele's birthday month too, but she's deferring to him for a while before her celebration.

He is her boss!

I wanna fashion show!
The pic you texted me didn't show up so great.

#20 ·

Happy Bark Day, Kramer. After all you've been through, you deserve to celebrate all month - and it even has one extra day this year, just for you, you extra special boy!

#24 ·
<span style="color: #000099"> HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRAMER! Oh my gosh - 15 years - that's so wonderful! After all he's been through and he still looks fantastic! Here's to at least 15 more years, Kramer! </span>

#26 ·
Cool picture!

Thanks everyone!

Kramer is taking his month-we are very lucky-after last month in particular. I am so glad he's still with me and happy. I still have that eye twitch from him, Nina and my work, but eventually that'll stop. Right?

When he bloated, Melinda and Jay (and dogs) sent him a get well gift certificate from Amazon. I figured it might be a while before his coat grew in (though he is a Chia dog) and it's been so cold-so I got him a coat with it. I need to alter it a little-he has that big front so his measurements were from L-XXL, but he loves it and was wearing it around the house before we went out. He got it the day it was icing, so perfect timing! And yesterday was his first day out in the back yard-he got to pee over Jaeger's pee (
for both as they love their peeing match) and that tired him out after 2 weeks of bed rest. But he loved it and his coat kept him from getting too cold.

Here he is peeking at the other dogs (who were very unsure that Kramer was ready to be out unleashed):

Fifteen is the new ten for Kramers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.