Your training goals - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 04:03 PM

Re: Your training goals

Tsar and I currently are training for an AKC, CD obedience title. Tsar wants to make this his first goal. I swear he told me. [img]graemlins/rotflmao.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/paw.gif[/img] He real loves to do obedience work. You know that look they give you, kind of like with a smile.

We also are training in Schutzhund work. Tracking, obedience and the bite work (real only rag tag right now). Now a lot of people cringe at this, like my best half. ((My Number 1 priority is a safe family companion.)) [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] If you have ever been to German a lot of the GSD are Schutzhund. They are real sweeties. Dog’s with a lot of confidence and loyalty to their family. Don’t fear the dog but the owner that commands them.

Our current goal in Schutzhund is the BH (Begleithund, German for Companion Dog). Basically the BH is a prerequisite for Schutzhund I, II and III. We will see from there.

Anyway, training is a lot of fun and challenging. That being the ultimate goal!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Crowned Member

My goals for my Lexi is a BH, AD and Tr1,2,3 eventually. She is going for her BH and AD next month, and then we will get serious about her tracking. She is limited somewhat to how far she can go by MY limitations. I enjoy tracking and it is something that we can do together. She is so focused on the tracking that she doesn't notice me stumbling and bumbling around behind her, LOL.

Branca was originally in training for her SchH titles by Dennis but I decided that I wanted her for myself and so she was taken out of training and is my 24/7 companion. Her training is constant and ongoing but she will be awarded no more titles.
post #33 of 191 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Crowned Member

Goals are SchH titles for the pup down the road. And I have to admit American Street Ring intrigues me......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 191 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:25 PM

I AM A NEW MEMBER AND ALSO A NEW OWNER OF A BEAUTIFUL GSD NAMED " MASON " I WOULD LOVE INFO ON FINDING TRAINERS IN MY AREA WHICH IS TN.I HAVE STARTED OBEDIENCE TRAINING WITH THE BREEDER BUT I MAY NEED SOME EXTRA TRAINING.
THANKS
lINDA
post #35 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Master Member

Just looking for a well mannered dog! Nothing more nothing less. Weve done 8 weeks of basic and will do 8 more weeks in July.
post #36 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:51 PM

Kaiser (8mos) completed puppy kindergarten and we moved on to beg. obed. - finished that with flying colors! We are now having fun in advanced obed and really enjoying working on learning new commands (front, finish, figure 8-etc...). We are both learning at this point! He is doing real well and I think our next goal will be his CGC and then maybe work on a CD title. I would like to try agility once he has physically matured a little more. As long as we are having fun and he is sound and happy we'll keep making advancing steps and see where we go!
post #37 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 07:07 PM

Is there anyone in Michigan that is here that is active in either therapy dog training or search and rescue?
post #38 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 07:21 PM

My Julie is a wonderful pup. I have been getting her out with people as much as I could since I got her at 7 weeks of age. When she had not had all her shots and I could not take her places I invited children from the school I teach at to play with her. After she had completed her shot series I started taking her places. Horse shows are a good place because those folks are not afraid of big puppies. Today I took her over to a horse show and one hyper little five year old boy got her all riled and excited (interpertation...NOT listening to me) I finally asked him to please stand up and pet her nicely. He got bored quickly and left. The next child to come up was a little girl who is mentally challanged. Julie was a totally different dog with her. She sat quietly and let the little girl give her a hug. She was sooo sweet....and I was so proud. Julie is only 4.5 months old!!!I was to get her CGC and CD and also train her for tracking and therapy. I think she has a great start.
post #39 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Master Member

Both of my pups just started beginning obedience tonight. We plan to follow up with the advanced class and then get their CGC. We also plan to do some agility classes for fun this fall. I am also interested in tracking, herding, schutzund, and therapy dog work but don't have experience in these areas.
post #40 of 191 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Elite Member

My first GSD and I titled him to his SchHIII. My little angel dog had her BH and CD. Jaden has big goals for him. He's only 3 months, but we intend to to Schutzhund, AKC obedience and if he's not to big and clutzy, agility. He got his first "taste" of herding goats at a stock dog trial this weekend, and now that's also high on the list to try. Not good, but he actually caught one by the tail after the judge who was workingh him told me he wasn't fast enough to catch one when I warned her I thought he'd bite them. LOL. GSD's need a "job" be it obedience for fun or a real working job. They are happiest when being mentally challenged. Cathy, Chance, Jaden and angel Zoey snuggled deep inside my heart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page