Best Mixed Breed you have owned. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Best Mixed Breed you have owned.

There was a post on the board that the posted talked about the best mixed breed dog. So I thought it might make an interesting topic.

So what is the best mixed breed dog you have owned. To the best of your knowledge what were the breeds. What made this dog so special.

Val

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Best Mixed Breed you have owned.

<span style="color: #3333FF">My American and German Working Lines German Shepherd!

</span>

Zephyr vom Eichenluft
Storm and Jazz waiting at The Bridge.

Independent Beach Body Coach

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Do you want to get healthier?
Do you want to make money from home?
I can help you for FREE.
Contact me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Crowned Member

Tanya.
She was a GSD/Wolf X. I really can't describe what made her so special to me .... it would be a bunch of stories that wouldn't mean as much to others.

She was beautiful, intelligent like no other dog I knew, loyal yet a free spirit, protective, almost soulful.

I will never forget that heart dog, I couldn't if I wanted to because she is still a part of me.

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
--------------------------------------------------
Maxwell's Silver Hammer GSD/Dobie X

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

OK, I will post one of my mixes from the past that was an awesome dog.

This was a pound puppy I got a about 16 weeks old. The was a St.Bernard - Lab mix as close as I could guess. Coat was a mix of the white and sable markings of the bernard with the shorter coat. The head was more like a lab. He topped out at a 165 lbs in his prime. He was kind to women, kids and any young animal (kittens and calves). He would have died to protect me. He would go find my hubby and grab him by the arm and bring him to me on command. He found a calf that wandered away from momma before we could take care of them. He let kittens hang from his ears, attack his tail and check out his teeth. He loved to ear corn on the cob. I have some photos I need to dig up and set my scanner up.

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you guys.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #5 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Elite Member

The Best: My coydog Wolf - smart as a whip, to this day I have not had a dog quite like him.

Most impressive in appearance, my malamute / shepherd mix Blaze. He was a black and white bear and nothing but muscle. I discovered he had a reputation around the 'hood which eventually led to him being stolen right out of my yard
post #6 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfingers

Growing up we had a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Lab mix. She was mostly special because she was the only dog we ever owned as children! My dad has never been a real "pet" person. She was not very cute - small head, big chest - but she was a sweetheart and the nicest dog you could ever want to meet. She also "loved" to be dressed up in clothing!!

Marti
The Kitties: Jake, 9, and Zoe, 2
The Dogs: Charley the Cocker Spaniel, 4, Gunner the GSD, 1, and Delilah, the GSD, 2

post #7 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Elite Member

I have a Pitt mix and he is one heck of a dog.
Someone moved and left him, took me 3 days to get him to follow me home. Hot dogs sealed the deal! He is my babysitter when the
grandkids come. Always lets me know when intruders show up. Loves to ride on the golf cart on the seat beside me, and always
ready to defend me.
If I could have 10 more like him you bet I would take them. LOL
Great old dog now, that was 11 years ago that I rescued him.
I just love Sport..

Sherri & the 6 Holy Terrors...

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. SL"
post #8 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Crowned Member

Bo was a true mutt though I'm sure he had a WGSD somewhere in his gene pool mix. He was a good dog, I really miss him. I adopted him when he was somewhere between 7 and 10 years old and lost him three years later to hemangiosarcoma of the spleen (emergency surgery found he was riddled with cancer in all his major organs and had to be put down while still on the table). He went to the Bridge November 28, 2005.

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
post #9 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Elite Member

Mmm!

Bessie; Spaniel / Saint Bernard. Blind in one eye. Heart of a lioness. Died protecting myself and my sister when we were young children.

Success is never final;
Failure is never fatal;
Don't let your fears choose your destiny!
post #10 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Without a doubt, My Cinder
She is purebredAussie/Purebred Kelpie

She is my little spitfire of a sheepherder

Last weekend we did a UKC Obedience show - see post under the obedience section.

The judges comments:

"What a fun little dog"

enough said

I love my little "Cinderella"

Packleader to:
The Germans:
Kati-CGC, CD, RN, 1/3 RA, retired - Queen of her domain and my heart

Leo - CGC, RN, RA, 2/3 RE, 1/3 URO1, 1/2HCT AHBA - Duke - in Training
The Border Collies:
Spyder - CGC, CD, CDX, RN, 2/3 ACSA CD, 2/3 UCD, Occational Lure Courser, Dance Partner, trying out as a Sheepherder
El Bandito - 1/3 URO1, 1/2 HCT AHBA
The Aussie/Kelpie:
UCD Cynder - CGC, ASCA CD, 1/3 UCDX, expert sheepherder

[url=http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/csaiz/]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page