AGILITY Discussion Topic - Tent/sunshade/soft crate favorite? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

I like the Midwest Canine Camper the best at trials. It's sturdier (so a bit heavier) then some other crates but has flaps that can be put over all the mesh so our dogs can have some peace in a crazy crating area.

The newer models have a front and a side door, flaps come with this crate that just velco over the mesh and there are pockets on the crate that store the flaps.

The other crate I see alot is the NozToNoz. Really light and open for the dogs to see out and be cool on a hotter day.

NozToNoz n2-36 Sof Krate - Dog Supplies_

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 01-17-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Crowned Member

OK for heavier mesh, (and crate repair), consider a tent and awning place or a saddle maker. I'm thinking of the mesh used in horse fly masks...
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks, plz keep suggestions & links a comin.
I have a friend that has a NoztoNoz. Do like the idea of a side door also or will this just add for another place to escape. I just fear goofy GSD escape to look for me or something & we get the boot out of a trial because my big bad GSD is loose. Pray this never happens, why I am researching light but durable crates!!!! :-)

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

I have Noz to Noz soft crates, and I love them. Even though Halo is a wild and crazy girl, and a drivey little she is very calm and quiet in her crate at flyball or dock diving. I drive almost an hour for flyball practice, so I usually have to go to the bathroom when I get there. I can set up the crate, put Halo in it, and walk away for a few minutes and she's perfectly fine.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18 *** Keefer 8/25/05
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
I have Noz to Noz soft crates, and I love them. Even though Halo is a wild and crazy girl, and a drivey little she is very calm and quiet in her crate at flyball or dock diving. I drive almost an hour for flyball practice, so I usually have to go to the bathroom when I get there. I can set up the crate, put Halo in it, and walk away for a few minutes and she's perfectly fine.
Cool, thanks! I was digging my friends, but do hate to invest in a soft crate to have the mesh get ripped or something. My guys are normally pretty calm in a crate, but you know a soft crate is not solid so, I think, what if........

What size do you have? My girls are 65-thinkin pup may reach 70-75, dear god hope not more! I have been using 36" wire crates at shows.

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 PM

I got the 42" long one for Keefer because the next smallest size said it was for dogs up to 70 pounds and he's 80 pounds. It's HUGE!

Not only did Dena & Keefer both fit in at the same time, I tried crawling into it and invited Keef in and the two of us also fit, although it was a little less comfortable, lol!

Halo is about 60 pounds so I got her the next smallest size, the 36" long. I tried him in it to see if I could sell the large one and get away with the smaller crate for him too, but it's a bit tight for him. It's fine for her, and would probably be okay if your girls don't go over 70 or 75 pounds.

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks Debbie! Do you feel this brand is made sturdy for a GSD? How about the mesh?

So, my 90# boy Storm would be out of the question for a 36", lol He fits he big but in a 36" wire crate. He has a 42", but thinks he needs to lay in the pups crate.

Ok, lol I can so see myself doing the same, trying to hang in a crate with one of mine.

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Crowned Member

Also, Does it have solid flaps that cover all the mesh? Do they velco up nice? Can you lock the zipper? Do you feel they could roll it easy?

Thanks

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 PM

There's a very sturdy metal frame (but it's not too heavy), I can't see it bending, but any mesh is not going to hold up for long to a dog determined to get out. It's very easy to set up and take down too, which I like.

It does NOT have flaps, so if that's something you definitely want you'd need a different crate. You can lock the zipper, but I've never bothered. I think any crate could be rolled by a large determined dog, but I think you can stake it down if you're on dirt or grass. (It's in the car and I'm too lazy to go out and look at it!)

-Debbie-
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Crowned Member

No prob! Thanks for your info on it. I like the look & they seem very sturdy compared to others. Do hate no flaps, guess I could use a blanket if needed. I need to look at my friends way better next time.

~Jen~

Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page