AGILITY Discussion Topic - Tent/sunshade/soft crate favorite? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Re: AGILITY Discussion Topic - Tent/sunshade favor

Quote:
Quote: How many crates can you get under a Kelty Tent?
Easily 3, even 4 in the Medium Kelty if you juggle them around and have sunscreens. If it's a raging downpour, cause there's no sides you do have to make sure everything is in the center....

If you spend alot of time in the tent with the dogs that cuts into the space. But I''m always out volunteering or visiting with friends and the Kelty is really just for the dogs and all my agility crap!

Here's another view, closer. I have 2 different sized crates, the larger one on the right was for my Lab and 65 pound GSD, the smaller crate on the left has my 75 pound 'baby' Bretta Lee.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Knighted Member

Re: AGILITY Discussion Topic - Tent/sunshade favor

Quote:
Quote:I have the ez up style from Dicks Sporting Goods. Darn - can;t remember the name ))
Quest!
I had one too...it just bit the dust and I am looking to replace it.
I always put it up by myself without a problem but I bent it. Once those things get a bend in them, they are done for!

Silence is Golden ~ Duct tape is Silver.

FO UCD ARCHX RLVX3 RL1X RL2X Joobie Toozday VCD1 HT RA OA OAJ NF CD-H JJ-N CTL1 TT CGC
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Crowned Member

Maggie - What brand is your soft crate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Maggie - What brand is your soft crate?
The green ones in the picture are Midwest Canine Camper dog crates Pet Crates Direct | Canine Camper Soft Dog Crates - Factory Direct Prices

I lov'em cause they are easy to set up and have flaps that can cover ALL the mesh windows for privacy (crazy crating area?) or warmth (cold windy fall day?). PLUS you can leave all the mesh windows open to allow ventilation on the hot summer days.

I don't lik'em cause the models I have (and mine are older so this may have changed) once they get wet or dog stinky, they are not so easy to clean and get the smell out. Too bulky to get into the washing machine.

I've been tempted to buy the ones that look like little tents for the hotter times and when I don't need the covers for warmth or to calm my dogs. The ones like these Mighty Mite Dog Gear - Dog Tents and Soft Sided Dog Crates

And this one

ABO Gear Instent Dog Haus - Dog Tent - TheUncommonDog.com

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 07-28-2012 at 11:09 PM.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Maggie... Acouple years back I picked up two ABO dog haus at a Tuesday Morning "seconds" store for not much $... my BC was too hard on the screens but if you want the second never used one for the cost of postage, its just been sitting in my storeroom... I thought I might add it to a raffle one of these days but let me know ... do you think your girls would fit?? It is roomy ... my BC had a ton of room but I know Rune would be crowded... I could try him in the "used" one and let you know. Lysa

Lysa

Norse Magic vom Kriegershaus "Rune" (Dec 08)
Kriegershaus Scout vom Haus Rauch (Dec 12)
At the Bridge: Magnus (1998-2010)
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylol View Post
Maggie... Acouple years back I picked up two ABO dog haus at a Tuesday Morning "seconds" store for not much $... my BC was too hard on the screens but if you want the second never used one for the cost of postage, its just been sitting in my storeroom... I thought I might add it to a raffle one of these days but let me know ... do you think your girls would fit?? It is roomy ... my BC had a ton of room but I know Rune would be crowded... I could try him in the "used" one and let you know. Lysa
CRAP! I just bought one of the Doghaus and used it twice before Glory went thru the screen door with ONE swipe of her foot! The screen is just not tough enough for a normal GSD pawing. Trying to figure out if I can get someone with a sewing machine together with some stronger mesh to do a repair.

Love the size, love the weight, love the ease of set up/take down. But the screen is really just a lightweight type material and not made for a 'real' dog just using a paw!

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Yup that was our problem... even a little crazed Border Collie foot was too much for the screen But man they are so easy to set up. Sigh. If you find a solution let me know.

Lysa

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

I'm trying to think where I can get some stronger mesh. It seems like anyone with some sewing knowledge and a good machine could then just sew a new panel in over the old one. The zippers seem fine, as well as the other fabric.

Now where to get a stronger mesh screen....

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM

GoGo Dog Crates

Here is my new favorite soft crate. Not the cheapest but it is very easy to set up (unlike some of my others), easy to Tote and has nice features/workmanship. You can find the go go crate online... but the woman that runs this site does agility with her Bostons and part of your cost goes to a rescue of your choice. Delivery is timely too. While you are there my GSD loves to play with the Udder Tugs!

Lysa

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Crowned Member

Question

Hello, Don't want to start a new thread so, hoping this will get noticed. Anyway, looking for fav soft crates as of today? I am getting sick of lugging the metal ones, even tho I have them in 36", around. I am after a durable one for a GSD. My crew are all crate trained, but do fear them trying to get out of a soft crate at the show. I have one setup here now for them to go in/out of, lay in, etc just to see it's ok. I set it up at a run thur over the wkend & it took a few scratches, but she stayed in. This one I am borrowing & it's a tad flimsy & feel they could roll it. It just had the 2 ends that flip up & you zip. No real corner support.

Any suggestions?

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page