I don't know what to do anymore - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for not replying sooner, I thought I had earlier but now I cant seem to find it and I couldn't figure out how to reply on the mobile site.

Everyone here is basically saying what people around me are saying. It is such a horrible decision, he has spent all day by my side being the perfect angel, but we haven't been anywhere with other dogs.

I cant buy prong collars here, but I have been looking at the spray collars. My biggest concern with them is that they just cause more panic and frustration, hes frustrated enough without something spraying in his face every time he makes a sound.

….

Just as I was typing that I had to dash from the laptop to stop him attacking the window after he must of stuck his nose through the blinds and seen something!

This whole situation is affecting my mental health, I no longer have a life because everything has to revolve around Diesel. It is a situation where I'm not trying to be anthropomorphic, but I can't help but put human emotions on his behaviours and 'feelings', I've had him since he was 8 weeks old, and he is my baby who has always been by my side. I kept telling myself more training would make things better, but our main trainer is one of the very best. He trains military and police dogs, and doesn't just believe that clickers and treats will fix things. He's been given clear, firm instruction with a strict routine. He isn't fearful, he is aggressive.

The truth is I am aware I own a ticking time bomb, who given the opportunity will cause serious damage to another dog and possibly (unintentionally) someone or something else. I don't have to make a decision straight away, so I'm going to see what the vet says in the morning before having a serious think.
selzer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 PM

I came across this suggestion today. I've never had to deal with what the OP has but I'm sure the people in this facebook group has. It is why the group exists

https://www.facebook.com/groups/losinglulu/

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:26 AM
Elite Member

You have so much great experience and advice here, I don't have anything to add to really help you, I just want to say I am so sorry for what you are dealing with, it must be torturous for you . You are protecting your baby and dealing with thinking that maybe the best way to protect her and your sanity is to let her go. I can't imagine what that feels like and my heart and prayers are with you. You sound like an amazing person and the only advice I have to offer is to listen to your heart and do the right thing for both of you.

~Lisa

Maya, my little human, 15 years old
Tala, White GSD born Feb 28 2019
Lulu, Black GSD,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R.I.P. went to the Rainbow Bridge May, 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 09:13 AM

To possibly make management a little easier in the meantime, have you tried adding some type of vinyl or removable window film or frosting so he isn’t able to see out if he peeks through the blinds?

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page