I know its the right choice and even better it looks like my parents will be able to hold on to Tank for me, and as long as they aren't completely in love with him when there is no longer a Sherlock I may even be able to get him back, but at the very least I'll still get to visit him and I know he's going to be spoiled rotten with them.
For all her faults, Sherlock really is a great dog, she just isn't great with other dogs. I had high hopes when I brought Tank home that maybe Sherlock and Tank could learn to get along, after all the only dog she ever submitted to was my parents old GSD. Things were going well until they didn't and we're fortunate enough that the fight wasn't worse.
This isn't how would've planned everything, but with whats happened things are progressing about as well as I could hope.
My only other hurdle now is getting Tank fixed, my mom is willing to take him in but she very much wants him to be neutered before they take him in. Ideally I'd like to wait until he's a bit older, at least a year to 18 months, but ideally he wouldn't have to be taken in by my parents...
1 big goofy shepherd, 1 ornery old corgi