Hello my dog is 6 years old feeling problem of aggressiveness - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By Slamdunc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Hello my dog is 6 years old feeling problem of aggressiveness

Hello guys. I am from India. I have a mix breed dog who have the nature of pure gsd. Actually when we were keeping him we dont know that it is mixed. It just became homeless and we let him to stay in our gurden we made a kannel for him but he was agressive by birth, like when anyone touches him he just tends to bite but we are familier with him as we chained it for the night times mainly. After 3-4 months we took him to our house. But from that time he is agressive and as we dont know about its nature we do not train him . It gives total number of 35 bites among those 5 are heavy dangerous mainly the attack is on me tough i dont disturb it. Dont know what to do , plz help me guys. I dont want to leave it so plz dont give me that option
Else i can adjust with a few bites more. And the shamefull matter is every time he bite me me or my dad have beaten him. This is whole case. How to solve please tell. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 07:00 PM

With some dogs, violence will only get you more violence. You will not fix this issue by beating an already aggressive dog like this. It hasn't worked over dozens of times and I doubt what you are doing will work better in the future.

I give you credit for trying, but your approach is wrong. Time to try kindness, patience and reward. Build some trust, and a bond then you can work on respect.
Aly, wolfy dog, Sabis mom and 1 others like this.

“Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance”. George Bernard Shaw

Jim
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunc View Post
With some dogs, violence will only get you more violence. You will not fix this issue by beating an already aggressive dog like this. It hasn't worked over dozens of times and I doubt what you are doing will work better in the future.

I give you credit for trying, but your approach is wrong. Time to try kindness, patience and reward. Build some trust, and a bond then you can work on respect.
Well said!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page