Password change issues. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Password change issues.

We are aware that some members are having issues with the recent requirement to change their board passwords, and cannot log in again even after resetting their password as required. A few people have created new accounts to let board admin know of this issue, and all of their posts are now being first moderated by the board software, so they do not show up unless 'approved' by a mod or admin.

Please be patient while the Tech Team works out the kinks, many of you are long-time good members, and I know not being able to post must be very frustrating.

If you are unable to access your old account even with a new password change, and have created a new account to try and get some help, please post in this thread to let us know who you are, and to keep all requests for help in one place. If your posts are being moderated by that board software, Admin will still be able to see them.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:44 AM

I had problems, but I did it going the route of forgot password way.

Tasha's Mom, Coleen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 AM
zacmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
I had problems, but I did it going the route of forgot password way.
So did I, but obviously, that didn't work for me - seeing as how I am now a NEW member, with a NEW user name that I did not ask for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacmac View Post
So did I, but obviously, that didn't work for me - seeing as how I am now a NEW member, with a NEW user name that I did not ask for.
Who were you originally? That would be most helpful.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 AM
zacmac

stevenzachsmom. I have posted that repeatedly and it has been reported.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Elite Member

I'm having issues as well. I have had to get a new temp password twice now. My new password meets the new requirements. I checked the remember me box. However, when I close my browser(chome) the site doesn't remember me on next view and then my new password doesn't work either.

And the human verification was a problem too. It's at the bottom of the reset page and looks like an AD so I overlooked it several times getting error messages trying to reset my password because I didn't realize that was what you were using for a captcha. Or i'm just blind and rush too much. Maybe a simpler easier to recognize captcha would be better.

I haven't needed to create a new profile yet.

Ziva 03.07.2013
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 AM
Banned

Well ..."that"sucked! :

I finally got a notice of the change ... "after" I figured out the "problem", the first "several times, I did the "Forgot Password" ... I was not sent a new "temp" password?? But one did show up today!

So "now" it seems the "I forgot my password route," seems to work?? New pass word gets sent, enter the old one and then create a new one.

I should have used ... "ChangingMyPa$$WordSucks!" Oh well ... maybe next year?
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:10 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacmac View Post
stevenzachsmom. I have posted that repeatedly and it has been reported.

Just figured it would simplify things for the tech people if it was posted in the thread. TY.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM
zacmac

I agree. I thought the ad was just an ad too.
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
I'm having issues as well. I have had to get a new temp password twice now. My new password meets the new requirements. I checked the remember me box. However, when I close my browser(chome) the site doesn't remember me on next view and then my new password doesn't work either.

And the human verification was a problem too. It's at the bottom of the reset page and looks like an AD so I overlooked it several times getting error messages trying to reset my password because I didn't realize that was what you were using for a captcha. Or i'm just blind and rush too much. Maybe a simpler easier to recognize captcha would be better.

I haven't needed to create a new profile yet.
Chrome should capture it?? But if you run software to clean your browser, you could wipe out all your pass words. This showed up in the Chrome store:
https://www.dashlane.com/?postinstall-focus=

But I'm sticking to "Lastpass" :
https://lastpass.com/

And yes some of the "Captcha" things are horrible! You need to be a robot to read some of them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page