The Admin and Mod Team - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

The Admin and Mod Team

Hi everyone,

Yung here. Now that I've had a few weeks to get myself acclimated to this wonderful community, I'd like to share something quickly that I feel very strongly about.

I've been noticing a trend lately where requests for additions or changes to the site have been made by members and then the admin or mods would chime in with their thoughts or decisions, that the admin or mods' feedback is relegated to null and instead, there's a perception of "let's see what shepherds says."

Perhaps I did not make this clear in my introduction (which I apologize for if I didn't) but I will take this opportunity to do it now.

The input, feedback and leadership of the admins and mods are of utmost importance to the direction of this community. I trust each and every one of them to make decisions that are best for this community. That is why they are in the position they are in.

Whatever decisions that the admins and mods make are made together as a team -- which includes me. So when you see one of the admins and/or mods posting their feedback about something, there is no need to think or suggest that I would override what they do. It doesn't work that way.

The current team of admins and mods were here long before I was. They know this community and they know GSDs infinitely more than I do.

I am politely asking that you continue to give the admins and mods the respect they deserve and not expect my input on decisions that have been made by our team. If you don't hear from me, it's more likely because I am not qualified to answer your question and at the risk of sounding like an arse, I usually stay quiet. It works wonders for me that way.

Anyhow, this is not a reprimand or lecture towards anyone. It's just me posting about how I view leadership. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your day.

Yung
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page