German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye to Heidi
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
selzer
Crowned Member

Goodbye to Heidi

We don't seem to get much over 13, but I shouldn't complain. She had a good long life, and I put her down when she could still walk, still loved to eat, still knew and loved me. But, she couldn't get up yesterday and was dragging that back end. Today she was walking but I could see how much pain she was in. I had to make the decision, and I went with her two hours ago.

It was awful. It always is. They sedated her and she went peaceably. But I always feel like they trust me and I let them down. I never think that they trust me not to let them suffer unnecessarily.

Heidi was fun and beautiful and easy to train and easy to care for, and I just couldn't turn the clock back. She never had any babies for me, though I bred her to some great dogs. But that's ok. She was still worth a million bucks. She gave me ribbons and made me walk on air, gave me a huge head.

Once I watched a video of her going through a rally course with me, and she hadn't been off the property or trained in 3 years. She looked so polished with that staring in my eyes-type heel that I hate so much. She looked like someone other than me put tons of work into her.

I don't know if this will work or not, but I will try to post a picture. Run free my baby Heidi. Babsy's ashes will go with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015April24 009.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	525471  

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome