German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How do I get my GSD to stop jumping and "biting"?!
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Jenny720
Crowned Member

Repetition is the best and I have done all above but worked the best is getting a ball or now I leave a larger size ball out if knowing guest are coming over and that keeps the excitement at bay. Max is a heavy in your face space invader greeter that know One guest /family or friend cares for- I have not seen one even invite this onslaught of attention. The ball does the trick. Carrying something in their mouth does relieve any excitement. Not that max jumps on me much but I did have surgery and out of the house a few days. I knew I would get a rambunctious greeting with the dogs even When am gone a few hours even 20 minutes lol I get that lol! Max ran grabbed his ball and was so careful around me and did not jump. I noticed he even up went the stairs and gave a hundreds of kisses through the banister rails. It looked to me as if he was being as cautious as he possibly could around me and did not trust himself lol maybe I was looking to much into it but that was first - with the banister rails - I have not seen him do that before. Although I have seen him extra cautious and careful when I had other surgery and he is normally not a gentle dog In the slightest. I did know he knew I had some kind of physical pain. all that repetition and brainstorming pays off it truly does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 05-02-2019 at 12:31 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome