German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - We met our New Puppy!!!! Travel Advice!!
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:38 PM
CometDog
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post

The parvo risk is real though. Two different vets gave me the advice of "just put him in the crate and drive straight home". I only had a 9 hour drive but still. When I asked for alternatives, one vet said if I really had to take him out "just drive into a farm field with no livestock". That seemed a little extreme but when a vet tells you to drive your car offroad and into someone's property ... well, that seemed serious to me.
Yeah, my vet was pretty adamant too. She said you can fix an accident on a pee pad in a crate much easier than parvo. When I was reading up on the frequency or parvo infection in fox, I just had to stop reading. They have been in my yard before. But, you can't live in a bubble. You can just stack the deck in your favor and bit your nails for another 8 weeks. I also had a completely unfounded raccoon roundworm scare with my first born (I read about and she had some variety of animal poo in her mouth the day before at the park). And of course a brain eating amoeba scare here and there. Only with the first though lol By the third you reason that goose poop is good for their immune system. (it's not, it's filthy).

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome