German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - We met our New Puppy!!!! Travel Advice!!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Clare
Crowned Member

We met our New Puppy!!!! Travel Advice!!

We went up to NJ this weekend to see our Puppy! OMG the were so adorable! They were right around 5 weeks old, so stinking cute. I was basically on the floor with them and was just one giant teething ring lol! So we are headed back up in early May when they are 8 weeks to pick up our boy. We are flying to NJ, renting a car and driving him home.

Thoughts on what supplies we will need... Clearly collar, leash, food, water.... The breeder is going to send us home with a frozen marrow bone to occupy him and based on my past experiences, definitely towels in case of car sickness. Any thoughts on what else do we need? There are 2 of us so one will be with him while the other drives. We are going to try to get down as quickly as possible - I just have no desire to put him on a plane and she said she could have gotten him to Atlanta with one of her handlers but we both felt having that bonding time with us is super important.

Thanks in advance!!!

Alkarah's Sedona "Sasha" 9/23/04
Alkarah's Marco Aurelio Antonino Augusto "Marco" 3/9/2019
Windy Acres Doppio Espresso "Wolfgang" My sweet baby boy, gone too soon. 12/7/07 - 9/15/18
Sir Alexander So Noble "Alex" 12/12/91 - 4/2/04 RIP

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome