German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How do I train to NOT jump over the fence?
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Jenny720
Crowned Member

I may have some anxiety about sticks. I can understand why your husband would be concerned even if it was a freak accident. Things happen. There is some satisfaction watching your dog munch on a stick on a beautiful day in the yard I get that but not for me. Luna who never really chewed sticks must a found one or had recently fallen and chewed on one after being out in the yard for awhile - being watched over but not hovered - every one was quiet lying outside and I missed she was chewing on a stick part or not even sure how happened. When she came in house. She was pawing at her head like mad and and salivating, crying looked like she had trouble breathing. I looked in her mouth saw nothing try to reach her throat with my fingers my hand was to big. It looked like she was having a seizure trying to unblock her throat I thought something was in her throat. I had to rush her to vet and they dislodged the stick was stuck across her palate. Everything thing also began to swell and she stick pieces in her palate and put on anti inflammatory. Her paws had blood from pawing at the mouth. Second dog first one had a puncture from throwing a stick I said never again I was wrong. I practically live in the woods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome