German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Okay, Who's got CATS?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 03:17 PM
Apex1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
It took nearly a year of work with Cassidy and kitties Elvis and then Emmylou before I was comfortable leaving them loose in the house while we were home. Never when we were gone, but to the point where I trusted them enough not to have to be in the same room, constantly supervising. It took another year to get them all close enough together at the same time to take this photo, the only one I ever got of all three of them
Quoted because I do not know how to tag. Awesome post, I will be adding this game to my fun box! Love the strategy. Thank you. Also appreciate the honesty at how long of a process this was for you. It has been 4 months short of 2 years for me. While we have made huge progress, still work to do, no doubt we will get there as I figure out what works and how to teach the dog to think before reacting, make good choices.

This photo is with the kitty who is my biggest issue, she is such a tease and a young kitty. Having the dog be calm, not focused on the cat and enjoying the view was a big accomplishment for us. Also shared because I find the photo just cute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181115_144832.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	514751  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome