German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Just rescued GSD from the streets of Katmandu: Questions!
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
herojig

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
wow - what a story!!!! Poor dog to have been lost in the quake and have his owner leave the country! So happy you found him and decided to adopt him!!!

He certainly looks like Hero...the facial and markings appear to be nearly identical.....what a fairy tale if it is Hero..in any event, it is a fairy tale for this dog to have been adopted by someone after living on the street for that long...

Good luck with him and thank you for adopting him

Lee
Thx Lee for the support! But I am not sure how long he was on the street. After the quakes, we searched the area and put up flyers. We concluded he'd been taken in by someone, as that happens here a lot with purebreeds (they have value, and GSDs are usually used for security, by being locked in a cage all day and then let out into a compound at night).

Perhaps he escaped a prison like that. The biggest clues so far are: the teeth anomaly (how would that happen?), and the fact that his nails are clipped. He was dirty, but not more than a month dirty... more like he was extremely dusty. No ticks or fleas that I can find (very unusual, as even indoor dogs get that here). He also has no cuts or bite marks on his front, just one bite in the ass that's healed over. He sure does not like to fight, as he goes up to all street dogs encountered so far with a wagging tail.

What's really funny is how the street dogs I've walked past for years (with Krypto), treat this little new one the same - with extreme caution. I can even see confusion in some that knew Krytpo and I well; it's like they do a double take!

I feel obligated to figure this out - is it Hero or not? There is a possibility that the doggie sleeping at my feet right now, is a stray and someone is looking for him More likely is that there is something wrong with him, and he was discarded. And that theory works even if he is Hero, and he's just been cared for by someone else for the past two years.

I wish I knew how to tell the age of GSDs more finitely. We know the age Hero would be, and if I can figure out how old the John Doe here is, I could at least rule out or in by age. I guess I'll know more after I can get him to the vet. Well, thx again for reading!
Jigs

Jigs | Co-Founder of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| CEO at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by herojig; 10-25-2017 at 08:42 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome