German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How's training going?
View Single Post
post #171 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 PM
NancyJ
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
@Nancy, is this the same ankle you have metal holding it together? I recall you had a major "rebuild" on one of them. Hopefully it'll heal up soon.
Yes actually had the accident in 2005 (fracture with metal plate-never play with a dog on a tracking line-lesson learned) but a fall this spring (slide out on gravel) did some more damage and the PT says basically the ligaments in my foot are toast. She is both stretching out scar tissue and teaching me how to use other leg muscles for the balance that normally the foot muscles create. On normal ground it is find but off trail and getting in and out of boats even with good ankle support puts a lot of stress there. I gather the issues will never be fixed but can be made workable.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome