German Shepherds Forum banner

Mirror Method Training in Dallas!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Rod84 
#1 ·
If you're in the Dallas area, check into the Mirror Method Training class starting May 3rd. All dogs off leash all the time. Stosh and I are currently in the advanced class in Murchison TX. This training method was developed in Hungary and one of the originators spent 18 months in TX getting the training center started. It's so much fun with fantastic results. The goal is to be able to walk your dog off leash anywhere, you get that much control all through positive training. You also learn leadership skills to get respect from your dog. You can find out more about it on their facebook page. Definitely worth the time and effort.

#5 ·
The Dallas Mirror Method class starting next weekend is 90% gsds!! Puppy and Beginner classes are filling up with gsds- if you want to train off leash all the time, this is the class. Stosh and I are finishing up the Advanced and we spent Sat. afternoon off leash in a public park with kids playing, a soccer game, strange dogs off leash running around, even an ambulance. That's the goal this training guarantees. I plan to go to some of the classes as a helper so I can meet some of the forum members that are taking the class

#12 ·
Thanks Carla. Advanced was a whole different ballgame than beginner's class. A lot more work and Stosh's mind just opened up in a way I never thought possible. We learned how and when to correct behviors and get the results we're after. We're walking everywhere off leash, I can get him to stop instantly when he's running after anything like the deer (which was why I went to the training). It's a great feeling to know that he will respond in any situation. Stosh is much happier and content. I had no idea he was such a curious dog. I had pretty much made him into a work dog with all the herding and lost my pet. Now he looks at me with such interest and enthusiasm and with that tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth waiting for what we're going to do next. I hope you're enjoying it. Keep me posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.