German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Loose soft stools
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Linck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashas_mommy View Post
Our pup is 4 months old and weighs roughly 40 lbs.
When she came home beginning of April we started her on Adult Orijen. She didn’t like it all. We tried it out for a couple of weeks, her stools were loose and very soft. We switched her to Adult Fromm’s, which she seems to like. We are feeding her 3 cups a day divided into breakfast, lunch, dinner and of course her training treats throughout the day.
After reading the posts on the site seems others have had the same issue when feeding 3 cups and have increased to 4 cups spread over a day, not sure if it was puppy food or adult food.
Thing is, her stool is still loose and very soft. Not sure if we should wait it out or increase her food to 4 cups or try switching to another kind? If switching her food any suggestions on kind and if it should puppy or adult?
Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.
I would take at least 3 weeks during the transition. I would keep puppy on puppy food too or at least an all life stage formula.. I'm a freak when it comes to joint problem so I watch calcium level on the food I feed closely.

Lincoln - 12/30/12
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome