German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Frustrating training day..
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 06:44 PM
onyx'girl
Crowned Member

I'm sorry you had a bad day. Too bad your club or group isn't more supportive in offering some help in obedience. If you are feeling intimidated(or judged) then I'm sure your emotions are going down the leash.
I've spun my wheels so much that I lost a couple years with my dog!
I think if the obedience session wasn't good, it carried over to the protection.
Recently, I started 2x's a week with 'pay to play" trainer, and he wants me to bring my dog in tugging and in drive for every ob session, and not be so trial formal! It's working. I do what he suggests when I go to my club, and there has been progress in 10 sessions.
Maybe getting with one of your clubs trainers for one on one or more sessions may help during this hump?
Berlin is still young, so don't get discouraged and try to enjoy the ride
If it was as hot in your area as it was here, I don't blame him for pitching a fit about crating....these drastic cold to HOT temps aren't good for the dogs wearing those fur suits. Do you run a crate fan?

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 05-19-2013 at 06:46 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome