German Shepherds Forum banner

Update on Little Girl/Candi

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Susan_GSD_mom 
#1 ·
Candi was rescued in Feb 2008 and many on this board helped rescue her. Well, she went to the Philippines and then came back to CT where she is right now. Here are some photos of her.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was working there for three and a half years.

#5 ·
LITTLE GIRL (CANDI)!!! i was JUST thinking about her. wondering how she was and if you were still overseas. thanks for giving her such a wonderful life. so very far from "the end of the line" she was at when you got her! she looks wonderful!!!

#6 ·
Dear Katieliz,

I had hoped that you would see these. She really is wonderful and much loved. Will post more pics next month.

#7 ·
i was SO glad to see them. i try to keep up but find myself spending less and less time on the board lately...just have so much going on and time goes so fast. btw, who is the dog in your avatar...is that a bicolor...wow i have a girl in my rescue (long story, been meaning to write about it here for awhile), right now that looks alot like this. she's from georgia. beautiful girl, hw+ undergoing treatment...havin' a real hard time finding a forever home for her. perhaps i'm being too picky, lolol...(NOT!!!).

big kiss on the forehead to little girl, i can still see her on the floor in that shelter run...thank goodness you were there for her!!!

#8 ·
The dog in the avatar is Mattie, a pure bred bi-colour GSD. Prior to getting involved in rescue, I bought Mattie as a pup nine years ago. I, of course, would never do this again but she is my soul doggy.

#10 ·
I am so happy to hear from curly Candy. It was an honor to be a part of her ride to safety :) she has not changed a bit. When I called the previous leg to figure out pick up time, I asked what she was like. The tranporter said: "curly". And curly she was :) Very unusual looking GSD, I am happy she got away as purebred on this board. I was hoping she would stay with you and I am happy she did.
Thank you for the update!!!!

#11 ·
She is quite strong minded and let's me know when she is peeved! Funny!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#12 ·
Sounds like Candi is a true GSD girl. I think the girls are very expressive. Thanks fror sharing your curly girls story. Wishing you and she many more happy adventures.

#14 ·
good for her, great to see this!!!

#15 ·
Sitting at the end of the couch right now. She is a much loved Candi and gets all the best beds in the house!

Sorry for late response. Have not been on the site for a few month but I just adopted a six year old GSD with epilepsy and I need the medical advice.

#17 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.