German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Anyone a VET/VET TECH or in VET school??
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Salem

I am pre-vet as well. I will be applying this summer for vet school!
If you can't get a job at a vet office, try to get your foot in the door by volunteering at one. I got a job as a receptionist and they have started training me for tech work because one of their techs will be leaving soon to get certified.
Also try looking into other animal-related fields. I did an internship at a zoo, raised a Leader Dog puppy, and took a yearlong program in high school to become certified as a vet assistant.
Finally, try to find a pre-vet or pre-professional club at your college and get involved! Taking on a leadership position is a big help as well!
Grades are another factor as well and they help a lot. Make sure you put in a lot of time to study for the GRE when it is approaching!
There is so much to take in but it will be worth it in the end

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your friend. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome