German Shepherds Forum banner

Bitework Video

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Mrs.K 
#1 ·
After a break in bitework due to the helpers acl surgery (not a secret) and my husbands car accident, we finally got back on the field and had a casual bitework session (I don't upload bitework material without his permission) after some intense obedience work.

I am lucky to be part of that awesome training group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptItpiMt4s8

#13 ·
Well even outside of IPO it's debatable. I train my dog to bite what is presented. He's not trained to specifically discriminate a weapon or what hand is holding it. In SDA on one of the long attacks the decoy will charge at the dog, firing the gun, but then turns at the last second (when in SchH the sleeve would be presented) so the dogs typically attack the armpit from the back site, not come to a stop, run around the front of the decoy, and try to bite the hand with the gun. If a weapon was still drawn he'd probably bite that arm or armpit (which I like better). If nothing is presented he should bite the armpit or collarbone. I know some police trainers do the same, the dog bites what is presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.