German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rest in Peace my sweet, sweet Jonah
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
gsdraven

Rest in Peace my sweet, sweet Jonah

This morning we let our sweet, gentle boy, Jonah, go.

We've had Jonah just over 3 months after he was found when he laid in front of a car in the Poconos after 8 months on his own. He came with a whole host of health problems. We tried our best to get them under control and he was doing well until his feet became very infected.

He was put on some potent antibiotics and it seemed as though his feet were improving but there were other signs of deterioration. Last Sun night, we made an trip to the ER after he vomited, was shaking, lethargic and just uncomfortable. We decided that it was a reaction to the abx and stopped those and had 3-4 good days until he crashed again on Friday with more concerning symptoms. Jonah and I spent Fri and Sat just snuggled up on the couch together as he could barely lift his head.

Jonah was not a young dog but he had so much love to give. He was ever so thankful for a warm bed, steady meals, a pack to be a part of and a loving family of his own. He was my shadow and such a proud German Shepherd. He helped my female cat, Allie, get over her fears of dogs and was a great companion to other boarders in our home.

He gave so much to our lives and his presence is already missed but I am grateful to know that he is no longer in pain and knew warmth and love before his passing.

A couple of pics of Jonah:

This weekend, resting with his buddy.

Jamie

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome