German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - If you could change 'anything' about your dog, what would it be?
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
WendyDsMom

If I could change ONE thing.... I would change the Shyness out of Wendy. She is so shy around strangers and strange environments. We try take her everywhere with us - and she still shies away from friendly strangers and kids. She won't even eat when we are out. Doesn't want to come out of the truck when we get somewhere. Is so scared of STROLLERS!

We took her to "World of Pets Expo" in MD and in VA and let her explore, sniff, meet, and relax... She explored, and met other shepherds - but didn't take treats or affection from anyone that wasn't my husband or me. Wendy's trainer was doing a demo and we stopped to say hi - she got no love from Wendy.

She is a hellion at the dog park and has a party during Puppy Play hour at the training center...

I don't even worry about the Pano (growing pains).... That will pass as she finishes her growing, and it gives me a break from the LOOOOONG walks 2x a day!

I just wish she wasn't so shy or timid.....

Rita
Wendy Darling (GSD)
Gidget (Min Pin)
Bailey (Choco Lab)
Chachi, Bonnie, Rico, Jelly Bean and Hank (Da Birds)
Kayla Marie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome