German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - walking 2 dogs at same time
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Ucdcrush
Master Member

I think part of the issue is the dogs know they can get away with more since there is less energy from you focused on them.

I don't know any way around it but to practice. Getting them to walk with you and not pull is the first thing to work on. Do not teach them that pulling is OK by continuing forward when they do that. Stand still, go backwards, do not leave the yard etc. Once they are walking OK and not pulling, is when you can venture further but be prepared for them to regress a bit, that's normal.

A key thing is to keep yourself calm and keep the pressure down as much as possible. I know in the past when I have gotten stressed, it definitely affects how they behave. It has been helpful for me to consciously think about the benefits of staying calm and the negatives of getting stressed and pressuring myself and the dogs to do everything "right".

Proud papa of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP Dana.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome