German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Stop Crying and Yelping when on tieout?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Emoore
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy12095 View Post

Another thing is shes eating her own doody! Once day in the morning I smelt fresh well ya know what i mean, and i looked all around the house to clean it up. Finally with my flashlight i seen a small residue and i cleaned up and smelt her breath. I was like WOW im not getting kisses from her anymore..
That's because she has access to it. Dogs instinctively don't like to be around their own mess. She'll try to "clean it up." While she's a puppy and working on house training you need to be there every time she goes potty. Every. Single. Time. It needs to be outside, and you need to throw a big party with little treats. Every single time she has the opportunity to potty in the house, it confuses her more and teaches her that it's ok to go in the house.

If you're gone longer than she can realistically "hold it", hire a dogwalker or get a friend or family member to come take her out.

Would you let a baby wallow in a poopy diaper just because you had other things to do? No, you'd drop what you were doing and change the diaper because when you have a baby or a puppy, that young baby is temporarily the #1 most important priority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome