German Shepherds Forum banner

Ike van het Basjes Huis, 2.5 yrs old

6K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  lhczth 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's Ikie at 2.5 years old. The plan is to do his breed survey in April so we've been hard at work teaching him how to be stack. And by "we" I mean Falon ... :) All critiques and comments welcome.

Stack

Front

Candid

Movement

Falon patiently trying to stack Ike

Ikie loves his mom ...

"You think I am going to win the Sieger, Mom?"

See less See more
#14 ·
Looks really good. Get him to stack and stay for when the judge is doing the koer. Johannes likes that.
Once I get him stacked, he stays quite well. It's just getting him to stack in the first place...LOL

I loved the first shot best, even though it is not quite at the right angle.
He is a lovely dog
I like the first shot better too. I think the angle compliments Ikie's structure better.

It's hard to set this up. I have to mark a spot for Jason to stay with the camera, adjust the lens and focus to where I plan on putting Ikie. Then I have to keep Ikie in that area as best as I can. In this case, we moved about 4 feet to the right and that's why the angle is off. LOL

I'm laughing here b/c see Ike in person ALL the time but never realized how nicely he's put together b/c he NEVER holds still!
Yeah! No kidding! I spent the first 10 minutes trying to get him to settle down enough where I could put my hands on him without him 1. screaming 2. collapsing on the ground in ecstasy or 3. trying to jam his enormous head in my (small) pocket (where I had his ball "hiding") and then when I began to get frustrated 4. offering snappy obedience in hopes that was what I wanted LOL He is the sweetest, silliest dog.

#16 ·
Not dumb, bet it looks cool when he does the eyebrow twitch.

#17 ·
I can't believe how much he has matured since you guys first started coming out to train.

#20 ·
What's not to likie about Ikie.

#24 ·
Now that we have done the show, I thought it would be interesting to come back and add in the judge's comments:

"He is very lively. Very good pigmentation. Dark eyes. Dark mask. He has a high wither, firm back. Croup is a little bit short. Upper arm could be a bit more slanted. Good rear angulation. Good chest proportion. Steps correctly coming and going. Shows good movement. Rating: Excellent."

For breed survey, the comments were pretty much along the same line.

"Large, medium strong. Very good pigment. Strong head. Very good expression. High wither. Firm and straight back. Croup is short and steep. Good chest proportions. Good angulation in front and very good angulation in rear. Steps straight in front and rear and demonstrates powerful gaits with good front reach and effective rear drive. Sure temperament. TSB pronounced. Does out. Special comment: Dog shows a lot of drive. Breeding recommendation: recommended to improve and stabilize working abilities especially in the TSB complex".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.