German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on this pup?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Freestep
Crowned Member

I have heard horror stories about how ompetitive and cutthroat the GSD rings can be, but honestly, even if she came in dead last, I just think it would be neat to have a working dog in the conformation ring. But I would only do it if my pup is truly correct in conformation and shows well, otherwise it's pointless.

We are joining a conformation class, unfortunately there are no GSD people in it, so while they can help get me informed and practiced with what I need to do, I haven't been able to get a good, experienced evaulation of my pup.

The breeder, of course, is biased.

I have to say, she doesn't look to me like AKC conformation GSDs so I don't know if she could actually be competitive unless I got a professional handler. Even then, I'm not sure if I could afford the time and money... but it's fun to think about.

Here are a few more photos. Personally, I think she's quite pretty, and she has a temperament to die for. Confident, spirited, outgoing. I think that attitude would probably help her show well if we decided to go for it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome