German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Stacking Do's & Don'ts
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
sagelfn
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
Brandi....I must commend you on a very good attempt and without the assistance of a "handler". KUDOS!
Since your dog has a very straight upper-arm....do not present him with his head held high (it accentuates this fault). Also try to get the front feet a little farther under him (he is standing elbows & feet out).
There is not much more you can do in the "rear" area.....he has very little rear angulation and tall hocks.
*NOTE*.....when we teach our junior handlers to "stack" a dog...Carlos always tells them this piece of information.
Look at the dog along it's side....place the front legs *by gently pulling back at their arm/elbows, so that the legs are completely underneath the dog evenly. Then place the "inner leg" slightly forward underneath the dog. Lastly, pull the outer leg gently by the hocks, and gently slide straight backwards in a straight line from the placement of the front legs.
Imagine a straight line along the side of the dog.....line up front and back leg evenly.
*I'm trying to explain things easily and in laymen terms.....let me know if you or anyone else cannot understand....I will try harder.
Thank you Robin. With his long legs and little angulation I have struggled finding how to stack him. No matter what it just looks wrong to me. I know he has really bad conformation but I enjoy learning about GSD conformation and want to learn how to stack correctly for my future GSD.

What does standing elbows and feet out mean?

-Brandi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
6-5-09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome