German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Playing with the Astro and Maptech
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
NancyJ
Zombie Queen Moderator

Playing with the Astro and Maptech

Was playing with the Astro at training yesterday - this was a little search of a 6 acre area started at house - wind coming from west and northwest

Plan was to run the clear areas first then start gridding

You can see where he hit scent on the south of area. He actually went into woods and was on the creek which runs through the wooded area where source was. When he got low (deep ravine-this was one of those areas where the creek double back all over itself and there was about a 15 foot drop with hills in between) he lost scent and came back out so we continued our pattern......then he took off to the fringe to the east (it was a larger source) and focused in on the source

But the main reason I am posting is to show the map and what you can do - the GPS collar was on the dog ..... I went into g7towin and was able to trace his search and see his speed in mph between points. Kind of neat.

I always play with mapping at training because that is what I do on the live searches.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome