German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Training a 10 month old
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Kaity
Elite Member

Ah I could teach her to find my moms keys.. she looses them about every two days!!

Is there really a limit to how many fun tricks you can teach a dog? I love the idea of the cue cards.. I might have to do that =D. Rally classes.. Ah, alas I have no way to and from classes . I think once she's spayed and has her rabies shots I'll put her in daycare once a week or so for half a day just so she's around a lot of dogs constantly and learns a bit of manners from it (hopefully)

I do use the clicker sometimes and I find when I use it she's way more interested and we can do a command like every 2 seconds. It goes really fast which is fun! Today I took her outside to train and play and she didn't even want to.. only wanted to play with Harley.

How do I get her to focus on me and not him? I couldn't even get her to look at me or pay attention to what she was doing which resulted in her biting me instead of her toy.

I see videos on here of other peoples dogs at 10 months 11 months and a year and they listen and focus SO well and actually WANT to do the 'work'. I think I will be calling the trainer soon to start training ME again on this stuff =D.

Vida has a lot of energy though.. Like I mean A LOT. Comparable to that of a boxer really.

Kaity, owned by

Vida - 6 years GSD
Hype - 3 years GSD
Cinq - 1 year bengal
Sunshine - 7 years tabby

Not forgotten, Nasa, bengal, 16 weeks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome