German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Enschi vd Mäusespitz SchH3 KKL1a TDI
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
sit,stay
Knighted Member

Enschi vd Mäusespitz SchH3 KKL1a TDI

Enschi was without a doubt the best German Shepherd Dog that I have ever known. She was a rock solid house dog, sharing her bed and toys with several cats during her years with Julie. She did not appreciate sharing her living space with other female dogs, but she tolerated them out and about in the community. She was wonderful with children and a true ambassador for the breed. And she was a real tiger on the schutzhund field, with the teeth to show for it, too!

Enschi came into my life when she needed rescue. Her owner had lost her home and needed to place her. The rescues in California were full, and no shelter would take a 10 year old dog. So, donations were taken up in the dog community in California and she was flown here to Idaho. She lived with us for almost three months before she was adopted by Julie. Julie works for a police department and Enschi had an open invitation to come out and work with the K9 handlers. Julie told me that the first time they walked out onto the training field and Enschi saw the guy in the bite suit that she became all focus and business. The creaky old SchH3 lady still had some tricks up her sleeve! And she never met a plop of goose poo that wasn't worth a real good roll! Or any amount of water that wasn't worth trying to swim or play in in...this dog was in absolute heaven when Julie set up a wading pool for her.

Enschi was an exceptional dog that touched people wherever she went. She was a well loved dog that will be missed.
Sheilah

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome