German Shepherds Forum banner

Birthday cake okay?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GSDSunshine 
#1 ·
Dakota has his Birthday this month and me being a crazy mom, wants to have a birthday party for him with his puppy friends. I was trying to come up with a cake idea and would like to keep with the cake theme....meaning not hamburger and potatoes and things. So I had some ideas, but wanted input on the practicality and potential fattening of my dog.

Icing:
Peanut Butter plain
Yogurt plain or cream cheese plain or both

Blended together....not sure of what proportions

Cake:
Know what flavors sound good (for a dog) but not sure how to execute such cake recipe for dog.

-Karob and peanut butter
-Pumpkin
-Sweet potato and Salmon

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Dogs need birthday parties too! :) I usually make the carrot and peanut butter cake from the link that Trina posted. I used to make a cake, but now I make cupcakes instead. The cottage cheese color starts to change in the fridge after a day. So, I just put a little frosting on the cupcakes before I serve them to the dogs. So, they get to celebrate all week. Here is Molly's cake from last year:

#5 ·
I've also used the peanut butter carrot cake only instead of carrots I used apples. I tried a piece myself and it was actually pretty good! Lol! I iced it with a thin layer of PB. :)

#7 ·
ha ha!!! His birthday is today. About to bake his cake. I will post pictures after I am done.

And my Dakota is a boy. lol

(also look for pics to follow this post of his B-day dinner!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.