German Shepherds Forum banner

Hey NE Peeps!

2K views 32 replies 4 participants last post by  littledmc17 
#1 ·
Frodo wants to know where we are going next!

Fenna is back home and would like to get together before her maturnity leave! (Sept 18)

Any suggestions???????

See less See more
#3 ·
Iggy's is my Vote
Brady is there as long as it isn't a saturday (we are taking classes with Mike Lowe aka Ron our trainer) and 22nd we are going to NH

#4 ·
August 29th or 30th would work for us.

This time, I'll drive down that way and write up detailed directions with landmarks so no one gets lost getting from the highway to the beach!

#5 ·
Jess works Saturdays I believe
and I may be able to do 30th all depends on whats going on its my dads b-day that day

#7 ·
The 30 may work nicely for me!
Dawn, I will mark my calendar right now for the Borderland walk!

#9 ·
If you want to do the 30th that is fine my dad will get over it
I'll make him a lasagna or sauce he'll be good

#12 ·
It's a good day for me!!!!! Frodo missed out on our recent "Find the big waves in RI" road trip, and he's looking to make up for lost swim time! (I hear swimming is good excercise for preg. Momma dogs as well!)

#14 ·
Southern New England Meetup!

Sunday 8/30 at Oakland Beach, Warwick RI - Oakland Beach Avenue.

what time, you guys?

If you get there early, I recommend calamari at Iggy's Dough Boy. Iggy's is dog friendly on the patio and in 'THE line.'

For anyone who's never been there or got lost the last time

Exit 18 off RT 95. Rt 1A / Turbers Avenue (the big blue bug exit)

[From Points South] turn right off ramp

[From Points North] turn left off ramp

follow to next light.

Turn right onto Rt 1A. There's a Honey Dew Donut on the left and a scrap yard on the right.

Go past Port of Providence and the gas tanks, up the hill. Follow this road pass dunkin donut, cactus grill, a giant rooster on the sidewalk, a Shell gas stations, a Subway, Sunoco station.

Watch for Port Edgewood Marina then Johnson & Wales Hospitality Center on the left.

At the next light, take a right onto Norwood Avenue (Rt 1A). There's a house painted up Miami Vice colors with a hot pink retaining wall, can't miss it. If you get to a really nice neighborhood then a cove with RI Yacht Club, you went too far.

The next light (Broad Street), is a 5 way stop. There's a soverign bank on the right, a Rite Aid on the left. Across the intersection is Walgreens and Blooming Mad. This is one of the park entrances - don't go that way.

Go left between the big church and the Walgreens onto Rt 117 (Warwick avenue). This will take you past The Al-Mall Dairy mart and pizza, Edgewood Ave, villa ave. The next light is Rt 12, go straight across and this will take you past Shaws Plaza and 4 Paws dog resort.

Stay on 117 - It's apx 5 miles to the beach - it's a 4 lane undivided highway until almost the end.

When you get to the interection of Airport Rd/Warwick Ave/West Shore Road (there's a Dave's Grocery store), 117 will go left down West Shore Road.

Don't go down West Shore Road, keep going straight on Warwick Avenue.

Watch for McDonalds on the left about a mile up (give or take...). This is Sandy lane, go straight here but watch for Super Stop and Shop on the left.

The road will fork here - one lane going each way (Warwick Ave goes left) - go right onto Oakland beach Ave.

At the next light, you will cross back over 117. Stay on Oakland Beach Avenue and keep going straight until you see the beach.

Iggy's is on the right, followed by the playground then the parkinglot goes left. The kidders and I will be somewhere in the vicinity of Iggy's and the playground.

Hope to see more than the regulars there!

#16 ·
Re: Southern New England Meetup!

Sure! Jess, you too if you want. I can PM you the directions, it's on the way.

#18 ·

It's a pretty beach with a nice section that nobody uses much

Come on - I'm going!

#20 ·

Jenn, sounds good! PM me!

#22 ·

I'm free the whole day! Whatever works for you guys! Fenna goes to Fidelco Sat am for a preg check, so hopefully I'll be bringing a Momma with me!

#23 ·

I'm hoping to see little Momma too! And that the hurricane doesn't nick us. They close the beach to swimming if there's heavy rains the previous 3 days.

Just ot be safe, I'll bring in all my patio furniture. That's what I did when Bill went by - and filled the freezer with water. We got no rain. Nothing. No wind either. My yard is like the Sahara.

#25 ·

If anyone else wants to come, how about 2pm by the playground?

I'm not doing anything else in the morning, would like to have lunch at iggys so, 12pm here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.