German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - World War II's really bad idea - the Dog Army
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
AbbyK9
Crowned Member

Re: World War II's really bad idea - the Dog Army

I agree, Rhino - I would have loved for them to provide more detailed information and more correct information.

For example, the show said that the "Army turned to the Quartermaster Corps to establish a working dog program". Uh, no they didn't... "Dogs for Defense", a civilian organization, approached the Army to show them what a difference working dogs could make and set up the program, before it was transferred to the Quartermaster Corps.

And some of the working dog footage and photos they showed (none of which was actually from Cat Island) was from the Korean War period.

But then again, they had to pack a lot into a relatively short segment. Personally, I'd rather have had mroe on the dog program and less of Tukufu Zuberi riding on the boat out to the island and wading through the water ... *laughs*

The "auction house" Andrew works for is Manions, by the way. They have some very nice things for sale! (Hopefully the Cat Island stuff, too...)

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome