German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hip dysplasia, bad joints-10.5 month old
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Hatterasser
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to Hatterasser
Re: Hip dysplasia, bad joints-10.5 month old

When we brought Thor home, he was limping badly. At 11 months old, HD never occurred to us but the vet took x-rays. The vet stated that he never certifies HD under 2 years old but in this case he was going to certify Thor....literally square pegs in round holes. At 5, Thor shows signs of what is likely to come. When he squats to poo, his legs quiver badly. He sits very slowly (always has). But we have him on glucosamine condroiten, which seems to help a great deal. He's still active, loves to run and chase his squeakys and balls, and I'm sure will be fine for a few more years, though I expect he'll reach a point where it becomes harder and harder to sit and then stand up again. A former GSD we had lived to 14 with hip dysplasia. Still it is hard to see a 10 mo old suffering. I think good diet, exercise and care will help as will the addition of GC tablets. It's helped Thor.

Diane
Mom to Freya.
R.I.P Thor and Seamus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome