German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - It's been a year:Hinterland's Thor Baer
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Smithie86
Crowned Member

It's been a year:Hinterland's Thor Baer

And my heart still hurts so much...I am scattering some more of his ashes tonight.

I did not post this one to this board. It was too hard at the time.

KK2 Hinterland's Thor Baer SCH2, OB3, CGC, TT, OFA excellent" aka Baerman....

This is the hardest thing to write. My hands are shaking and my heart is breaking....

Baer, my heart dog, had been sick on and off for the last 10 months. He would rally and get better and then relapse a bit.

He passed away during the night, during his sleep.

My heart dog, mr schmooze, all around dog. Loved everyone, (except for 2 people and he let then know it ). 12 years ago, one of the few working dogs at Menlo Park, but was the dummy training dog for the shows. He could move those little stumpy legs among the much taller show dogs...He thought he should be 1st in the show

He volunteered with me at the Ronald McDonald House at Stanford; giving love to the ill and terminally ill children. He traveled to Europe with me for a year, getting his SCH 1 and 2 there under SV judges with great scores. Moved back to TN in 99: our current house, I chose because the set up was better for Baer. Did his show rating and koers under SV judges.

He retired to the house (occasionally doing proection work on Gabor and Gene England and SCH3, FH tracks)and is/was an incredible and instrumental part of Cara's 1st 4 years. He loved the fact that he now had his own baby and would boss us around if we did not move fast enough for him. Even when Cara would start to boss him around, he would look at Gabor and I with "that look", insufferable and "she's talking to MOI?" Spending his last days, sunning in his chair by the window.

He last thing on his last night before he laid down in his spot in front of the door, was to kiss me on the forehead, like he would always do.

11/10/95-4/15/08......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome