German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - No Drive?!
Thread: No Drive?!
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 PM
GSD07
Elite Member

Re: No Drive?!

I'm not a big expert and I'm sure others will give you more valuable advice. 2 exactly the same balls technique never worked for me so I had different toys. After I was throwing a ball Yana was rushing back to me with it because she would expect to get one of the following:tug, throwing a stick, other ball, squiker thing, hose, food, chasing me, jumping on me, a different tug, dumbell. She never knew what to expect and she was so excited to come back with anything and see what I have for her next The major thing for me was to learn when to stop in order to keep her interested because at the beginning I just started with one minute. We still play this game because I enjoy it

Yana isn't the driviest dog, when I got her I could throw a ball at her and try to play with tons of toys and rags and she was just looking at me without understanding what I want from her. Now she's quite a retriever and a tug is her favorite reward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome