German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - MWD Blanket / Coat ?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
AbbyK9
Crowned Member

MWD Blanket / Coat ?

I recently got these and I was wondering whether anyone could tell me anything about them?

The nicer of the two is stamped with "US" on either side of the blanket. Materials and hardware are consistent with Korean / Vietnam era equipment. Lining is a reprocessed wool type material.

Both have a "data plate" on the inside, which is made from leather and has gone rock hard. Can't make out much of the data plate but I believe the text at the top says "Ray Allen Mfg".

I plan on fixing both of them up (quartermaster-style repairs to stay true to the approximate time period) and using them in the MWD display I put together for living history / school talk type events. But I'd like to know a little more about what these are and such. So if anyone has any information, I'd really appreciate it. (I emailed Ray Allen, too.)

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome