German Shepherds Forum banner

Sita

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Sarah'sSita 
#1 ·
After careful and tearful consideration Sita, my beloved will be put to sleep tomorrow. He spondylopathy is far advanced and her quality of life is decreasing.
She is my first dog, my teacher.
Sita means "devoted one" I can only return to the favor by letting her go. This is a very tough, VERY TOUGH decision....but I feel the right decision. Think of us wednesday 3:30 pm central time

#4 ·
I'm so sorry. I've had to make that decision twice. You and Sita are in my thoughts.

LJ's mom

#5 ·
I'm so sorry, words fail me at times like this. It's such an agonizing decision to make. My thoughts, prayers and tears are with you and Sita.

#7 ·
Oh Sarah!!!!!!

I am so sorry!!!!!! I hate to hear this................

On a selfish note I see my Max not too far behind. We notice a slip in condition about every few months. His eyes are still bright tho.

This made me cry for both of us.

#11 ·
How do we really know if its time? For me it has come down to her dignity. She is a classy gal. Very proper. Here eyes are still bright and her attitude is good. She falls and drags here rear most of the time. She seems humiliated at times and stressed. Blessed girl. I ache for her. She has pain in her spine, but her legs really don't have much feeling. Today we play and remember the good times.

#12 ·
I'm sorry for your loss, it's a very tough decision to make. I've made it twice before and while I know I made the right decision, that didn't make it any easier. You are in my thoughts today!

#14 ·
Sarah, I am so sorry. It's the hardest decision to make and just heartwrenching. My thoughts are with you both...

#15 ·
our thoughts are with you. it is never easy, but great love never is.

i hope that my Lando greets Sita at the bridge with a frisbee and an invitation to play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.