German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Fleas
Thread: Fleas
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Rika_Tula
Master Member

Re: Fleas

Quote:
Originally Posted By: MaedchenIt's not recommended to apply essential oils on cats since their liver can't process it and they can easily get a toxic overload. Neem oil is a cold pressed oil and is safe though.
I used to get the Ark Natural spray/shampoo years ago, but bc they smell so strong and not too pleasant, I rather make my own.
On the Ark Natural info from the link above, they do list essential oils as an ingredient (without saying specifically which one or ones) and state that the product is safe for puppies, kittens and cats. They also list a few ingredients that they do not put in the product, regarding cats (tea tree, cajeput, and camphor oils).

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the info, just presenting it. I do not have any experience with Neem oil or essential oils and kittens or cats.

Quotes from site:

What are the benefits and uses of Neem Bug Free™ Repellent?

Specially formulated for Ark Naturals by a team of chemists and herbal scientists using premium natural botanical extracts. Neem Bug Free™ Repellent will not irritate flea bites, flea allergy dermatitis, or other skin and coat conditions. Neem Bug Free™ Repellent may help reduce the risk of infections, itching and dermatitis from insect bites. Neem Bug Free™ Repellent also repels lice, mites, flies, mosquitoes, and ticks. Neem Bug Free™ Repellent are safe for <u>puppies and kittens, too!</u> Safe for children to play with treated pets. Effective for Human use.

What special ingredients do Neem Bug Free™ Repellent Feature?

Citronella essential oil: Safe and effective herbal insect repellent from lemon grass; pleasant aroma. Neem oil: A natural pesticide, insect repellent, and healing herbal product. Proprietary gentle herbal essential oil shampoo designed for animal coats. Contains no DEET, pyrethrins, or other synthetic pesticides. <u>Safe for cats</u>; does not contain Tea tree, cajeput, or camphor oils.

Ingredients:

Contains: A proprietary formula of neem, citronella, <u>essential oils</u>, and gentle emulsifiers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome