German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog Safety from the Summer Heat.
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Caitlin
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Caitlin
Re: Dog Safety from the Summer Heat.

Where I live it is already reaching over 90 degrees so this is a big deal with me.

We've learned that the car thing is not something to be taken lightly. We recently were transporting a reptile and thinking it would be fine (since it's cold-blooded) we left it in the car WITH the windows cracked. Within 15 minutes of us returning it was dead.

I don't EVER leave any animals in the car anymore unless I'm only going to be gone for 5 minutes or less, but it's gotten to where someone is in the car with the dog with the car on while one person goes inside.

I am also having a hard time with walks. Any suggestions on this? The humidity makes it even HOTTER and recently I tried walking to Kid's Park, something I did alot in spring and I didn't make it. I had to call my mother to come pick me up. I was actually feeling dizzy and dehydrated and Mali wasn't looking so good either. Doesn't help that shes a longhaired with black fur.

Also when the dogs go outside in the yard they are back at the door within ten minutes whining to come in.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif[/img] I really want to enjoy summer but unless we're at a pool or beach or the bay I don't know how to.

Artax - Akita Rescue - 1/1/13
Kokoro - Kitty Rescue - 2/3/08

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mali - Long Coat GSD - 10/14/03 - 10/28/13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome