German Shepherds Forum banner

Songs that remind you of your dog?

14K views 39 replies 39 participants last post by  Cigar 
#1 ·
I heard this song for the first time after I got my GSD, and every time I hear it, I'm reminded of my GSD Charlie.

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiw7F9kZ0e8

When I hear this song I imagine exploring with my dog in a "Dances With Wolves" Spring-Summer time South Dakota/Wyoming rolling hills and field-like wilderness in clear blue skies speckles with beautiful white clouds and a nice cool breeze.

I find this strange because there are parts of this song that say "Africa" while others say "Good ol' North American Wilderness."

For the life of me I can't remember where I first heard this song :/

Are there any songs that make you think of your dogs?

Reactions: car2ner
#3 ·
A Clearing in the Wild by Red Tail Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMlNKI7l6A

I was lucky to come across this amazing duo during my time in the Midwest for more reasons than one.

When Duke was uneasy during car rides, he used to whine...but not just any whine. It was an incredibly high pitched "you-cannot-ignore-me" whine that earned him the nickname "Rape Whistle" (true story). I began to play this song to him and he became quiet.

When I don't have the CD with me and Duke is anxious, I sing this lullaby to him and he visibly calms down.

Today, I needed this therapy as I battled lovely traffic caused by OTC.

This song has saved my sanity on several occasions, and now, every time I hear it, I think of Duke. :wub:

#12 ·
Guns & Roses - Welcome to the jungle.

It happened by chance and my husband and I got such a kick out of it.

We were cleaning up in the yard and had the Ipod docking station on the deck and that song happen to come on as Rusty rounded the corner of the house at full speed at the start of the song - it put his movement right at the beginning of the song and he looked like a badass. So we always say that's his song:cool:

#14 · (Edited)
"Came in like a wrecking ball" - Miley Cyrus.

My kids sing it when he comes home from play group. He's so happy to see them that he runs around knocking everything over with his tail.

• Haha
Reactions: Sunsilver
#17 ·
Call me lame & girly if you want, but he's such a sweet mellow boy that I think the "Good Company" song from Oliver & Company fits pretty well with his attitude towards my boyfriend & me. Also, he was rescued, so had a bit of the Oliver type story. Though, since we got him right before Halloween, I do also think of "Little Red Riding Hood" as I went as her for Halloween. Unfortunately he couldn't play my wolf for work & wouldn't pose for a picture with me either. ;) Lol!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#19 ·
"If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. Reminds me of my Ike. I can't hear it without crying.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#21 ·
every time i hear riders on the storm by the doors i think of my dogs during the line "like a dog without a bone". my dogs love bones.

my job plays 50s and 60s music over the loudspeaker all the time. whenever louie louie comes on i like to change the words in my head to julie julie. that's the name of my older 1 1/2 year old female.

#23 · (Edited)
Hunter's theme:

Official training song for Hunter and me (I use it for our training vids and listen to it for training and before trials):

Zenna's theme:

#26 · (Edited)
Karlo's theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q&feature=kp

"I was born without this fear
Now only this seems clear
I need to move, I need to fight
I need to lose myself tonight
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna show you how