German Shepherds Forum banner

Songs that remind you of your dog?

14K views 39 replies 39 participants last post by  Cigar 
#1 ·
I heard this song for the first time after I got my GSD, and every time I hear it, I'm reminded of my GSD Charlie.

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiw7F9kZ0e8

When I hear this song I imagine exploring with my dog in a "Dances With Wolves" Spring-Summer time South Dakota/Wyoming rolling hills and field-like wilderness in clear blue skies speckles with beautiful white clouds and a nice cool breeze.

I find this strange because there are parts of this song that say "Africa" while others say "Good ol' North American Wilderness."

For the life of me I can't remember where I first heard this song :/

Are there any songs that make you think of your dogs?

Reactions: car2ner
#32 ·
Whenever I hear "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, it instantly reminds me of my beloved dog. That upbeat melody and lyrics about happiness perfectly encapsulate the joy and positivity my furry friend brought into my life. Our walks together, the way he greeted me with a wagging tail, and the countless adventures we shared are all tied to this song. It's incredible how music can create such strong emotional connections, and this tune will forever be associated with the boundless love and happiness my dog brought into my world.

#33 ·
Every time I hear Bon Jovi's "We Weren't Born To Follow" I think of my boy Quinn, now passed over two years ago. It was playing one day & I started dancing & my boy did too, he stayed with the beat so I took it a bit further & had him doing moves to the beat & it was so natural it was crazy. We just ad libbed it together, plus the lyrics fit both our personalities. So miss that dog.

#35 ·
For our girl Akela, 2010-2019, it was The Beatles, "I've Just Seen a Face." Not sure if the link will post.

My daughter on the left in the photo below found her at a shelter.

Song has a line that "Had it been another day, I might've looked the other way," which is true, had we not been looking for a dog we would never have met up.

And Akela had a striking face, even moreso than it photographed, with eyes that looked intently at the world.
So Paul McCartney doubtless sang it about a woman, but little did he know it was meant for a four legged companion.

Attachments