German Shepherds Forum banner

The perfect day with your dog?

9K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  Joseph1122 
#1 ·
If you had one entire day off to spend with just you and your dog, how would you spend it?

#30 ·
I'd have to say every/any day,but
for my girl, she loves the farm. Looking forward to getting back down there. Depending on the weather, we'll be going in a few weeks for pruning. Get up in the morning and heading down to the blackberry field. I make her wait while I go down the hill and cross the bridge, then call her down. Lol she will tear down the hill and leap off the bridge like a dog in commercial. She knows we will have our play time. I'll throw a toy/ball around for her to burn off some energy, then it's work time. Since it's fenced in she runs free, which she loves to do! She has her "crazy time" where she can run full tilt. Once I start working, she's there to "help" pulling the brambles that I've trimmed. Load them into the cart, take them to the burn pile. Row after row, up and down, back and forth, she is right there. I love my work, but it can be so monotonous, she makes it fun. Watching her try to run with a 6 foot long bramble branch keeps it fun. After a long day, heading back up to the cabin for dinner, and if it's not to cold, sitting on the front porch. If we are lucky the coyotes will serenade us, although she is not a big fan of them

#31 ·
Would love to go for a swim and walk on the beach with my dog in warm weather. Love the long hikes in the trails at our park- favorite time is spring and fall. Winter is tough but love the snow days weather trekking through the woods near our house to snow hill. Or hooking max up to a sled and practice mushing skills down our street. We just started nose works love to watch him for search for his prize (we are doing food now not oils yet) he loves it and is definitely his thing.

#36 ·
She knows we will have our play time, i will toss a toy/ball around for her to consume off some vitality, at that point it's work time, since it's fenced in she runs free, which she adores to do! She has her insane time where she can run maximum capacity, once i begin working, she's there to help pulling the thistles that I have trimmed...

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.