German Shepherds Forum banner

What I like/love about my dog... [ everyone ]

6K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Amet 
#1 ·
Sometimes in life, we need to remind ourselves about the good things - especially our dogs. So, what I like ( or love :) ) about Gunner:

I love his upside down black heart on his tongue ( see attached ).

I love how excited he gets about things. I see it as drive and compassion; however, sometimes it kicks us in the butt . :)

I like how much he is progressing as a dog. It is completely a 180 from a year ago.

I love that he is my personal fly killer.

I love how he has opened up his heart to us when his history is unknown.

Love my Gunner :wub:

I want to hear what you like/love about your dog!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We spent some time at the lake today. It was cool enough that he didnt mind laying on the blanket with me in the sun. I love how his coat smells when it's been in the sun. He was putting his head up & closing his eyes & enjoying the breeze. It just reminded me they too enjoy simple things in life:)

I love how he is my companion. He's a very easy dog to live with and have around, a pleasure to own.

#7 ·
He was putting his head up & closing his eyes & enjoying the breeze.
Awwh! I can just picture it, peaceful. :)

And I love his goofy side, he can make me laugh even when I am crying my eyes out. He is such a dork.
Gunner is a handsome guy btw :wub:
Berlin looks like he has a goofy side !
Thank you! Berlin is gorgeous ! Would love to meet him!

I also love how they greet me whenever I leave the house even if it was to go check my mail.
I love this too! I always remind Gunner that I will be back :)

#3 ·
Good idea. I love everything about Berlin. I am feeling especially down today (mega stressed) and my dog is always there as a furry shoulder to lean on. He has such a sweet, sensitive, caring side to him. I especially love that about him. And I love his goofy side, he can make me laugh even when I am crying my eyes out. He is such a dork. +1 to the personal fly killer, it's like having a 70lb cat!

Most important thing - I love that Berlin is my very best companion.

Gunner is a handsome guy btw :wub:

#4 ·
The sweet side of my dog is something i cannot ever get over. She will sit and i will sit in front of her and i will give her neck rubs and she will just almost close her eyes and start to fall asleep but gives me kisses to my face.
I love how she makes me feel so wanted, like when i come home from somewhere. There she is sitting and wagging her tail- sometimes she whines and pulls to me. But she is improving greatly with that.
Which is another thing i love about her, she is so great with learning things, despite the fact im not the best trainer. In a lot of ways shes not the best first dog/GSD owner, however, in other ways she really is because of her intelligence and ability to learn.
Her soft fur and the crimps on her ears always get to me :) Her face is so irresistible to me and its hard not to cover her with lots of kisses!
I love how she talks quite a lot, although maybe she can be rude with her talking and attitude, she still has this spunky attitude that i just love about her. Her roo-ing and high pitch bark when she wants attention, is getting her way, or is greeting someone she likes.
Never has she "lied" to me about if she needs to go out for poo/diarrhea time. She has a very reliable whine and she runs from my bed to the door and gets restless. She communicates very well when she needs to go potty!

* Thanks for posting this, it was nice hearing good things about your kiddos! And it was good for me to say nice things about Zelda, i really needed that. :)

#5 ·
I love how Ammo is always by my side, no matter where I go. I used to have a boxer like that, some 10 years ago, but after he died I didn't have that now I do. He even follows me into the potty. :p

I like that he is scared of nothing. He has been tested with so many things, and has never flinched at anything (well except for a little pink elephant). Horn Mammal Bovine Herd Mode of transport

I love how much he loves my kids, especially our youngest. You can see the love in his eyes when he plays with her. Dog breed Canidae Dog German shepherd dog Carnivore

I like that he is a little intimidating. People are hesitant to walk up to. I feel like my family and I am safe with him around, even if he is a big teddy bear.

I love that he loves the water so much. I always wanted a dog that would swim and play in the water with me.

I love how stunning he looks. I am always being told he is beautiful. He is the best looking dog I have ever owned.

I like that he is always watching out for me. With having 3 kids I am always trying to watch them and be there for them. It is very easy for me to get overlook, I'm just the mommy. To Ammo I am someone special.

I love that he knows me. He knows when I'm sad and how to make me feel better. He knows when I just need someone to cry on.

I just flat out love him! Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Canidae Mammal

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

#6 ·
I love that my dogs are always there for me no matter what and always put a smile on my face no matter how hard the day has been.

I also love how they greet me whenever I leave the house even if it was to go check my mail.

I love how they trust and love me with their life and have such faith in me.

I love how Bella wants to always be my shadow and follows me room to room.

I love how both of them are so sweet and gentle with my kids.

I love how Gatticus is such a lap dog and is Very affectionate.

I love how they wake me and my kids up in the morning with kisses without fail every morning.

I love how when my hubby is away they are my company and keep me sane when things become overwhelming.

No Matter what they are always here for me when other's have come and go they are a constant fixture in my life and never disappoint me and are just the loves of my life and they brighten up my day :)

♡ I Love you Bella & Gatticus ♡

#9 ·
I could have the worst day at work, and when I pull in the driveway, there is Jonas sitting there in the window like a statue waiting for me. What I love most about Jonas is since the first day I picked him up, he has been by my side. He thinks the world of me and the feeling is mutual. I would do anything in the world for him, and he knows it :)

#10 ·
I love that I can take Discoe anywhere because she absolutely loves everyone. She can brighten the mood of anyone she meets.

I love how attentive she is to me. She becomes exactly what I need at any given moment. If I'm in a bad mood, she's my goofy cheerleader, doing what she can to make me feel better. If I'm amped up and ready to go and do something, she's right there with me with an endless supply of energy. When I'm ready to work, she's serious and giving me her undivided attention. And when I'm tired or not feeling well, she gives me space and will lay down right there near me until I'm ready to get going again.

I love that she loves to learn and will do whatever is asked of her. If it's something that's been taught to her, she'll remember it. If it's something I've never asked her to do, she'll struggle and TRY her darndest to understand what I want and make sure I get it.

I love the stories about when I have to go somewhere for the day and she stays and keeps my mom company. I never thought a woman of almost 70 and a 4 year old German Shepherd could have so many adventures in the span of a couple of hours. The love that they have for one another makes me feel good inside.

But most of all, I love that she's mine. And that I'm hers.

#11 ·
I love how much Pongu trusts me. He works his little heart out, despite all his fears and craziness, because we are a team and by my side, he believes he can win. (Away from my side, not so much. But we're getting there! Slowly!)

I love his intelligence and his supercilious nerd airs and his hilarious self-satisfaction about correcting every other dog who Breaks The Rules. I love his incompetent dog-brain schemes and how often he makes me laugh. I love when he smiles at me in the middle of a Rally run.

I love Crookytail's sweetness and goofiness and his huge enthusiasm for life. He's a terrible competition dog but he's a wonderful dog dog. He's a charming, funny, patient companion.

I'm so lucky to have these two goobers in my life.

#12 ·
I honestly love my boys sassy attitude. I love the challenge of working with him.
I also love him yodal. He also has a very unique bird call type noises.
The way he walks, his clumsyness.
How he checks in every two seconds.
His howl.
I just love this dog :)

#13 ·
I love that when my big red dobie Red is in motion, he doesn't always stop in time, he's gangly, goofy, clumsy and he makes me laugh..Then, when he stops and stands still, he's such a magnificent creature I have to take a breath and just look at him...
I love that little (well not so little now) Norah, the GSD, is soft and loving and turning into the sweetest dog ever..
I love the dimension they add to my life and I can't imagine not having them around..

#16 ·
Rogue my 9y/o GSD x Husky:
I love that he came into my life when I needed him most. I love that he was the only dog at the shelter that didn't go bananas at the door of his cage.. Just sat there looking at me.
I love his big barrel chest, with his fluffy white an black fur.
I love that he's useless at catching flies!! Cause it hilarious to watch him try!
I love the way he sneaks onto the bed whenever my boyfriend gets up/out of it.
I love the way he lets Lily, the 2 y/o skin baby do pretty much anything to him.
Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed Carnivore

I love the way the end of his tongue pokes out of his mouth when he sleeps, and it gets so dry that when you flick it gently so he puts it back, it's literally stuck to his top lip!!

River the 14wk GSD pup:
I love the way she drives me insane.
I love her limitless energy!
I love the way she will charge from one end of the garden to the other, and all I see is a black streak out the cornee of my while I work on the computer.
I love the fact that she makes noises, almost constantly, be it playing, or getting cuddles, whatever... She just talks!
I love how she can go from barely having any control over her energy, to fast asleep in about 5 seconds!
I love how intent she is on me at training (even if it is only because I have the treats :p)
I love how easy it is to train her.
I love cuddles with her at night before bedtime!
I love watching her change as she grows...
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

10 weeks old
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Last nights camera derpy face! :)

Love you my Rogue River... ;)

#17 ·
Dakota
  • I love that I have never had to worry about him off leash, even as a puppy. He would never run off and always comes when called.
  • I love that he will let you cuddle with him if he is sleeping already
  • I like the fact that he takes his required medications with no problems.
  • I love the looks people have always (since he was full grown) given us and the comments we get. He is such a big boy.
  • I love that he is 9.5 years old and still going strong and there was a time we didn't think he would live to be 5.
Ditto
  • I love that she loves people. She loves to go out in crowds and my little cousin and his friends love to come play with her. I have no concerns with her ever hurting anyone, unless it is from exuberance.
  • I love that she lets me do anything to her. She will hold still for a bath with the hose, I can clean her ears and cut her nails. She never gives me any problems.
  • I love that I neve have to worry about her counter/table surfing or getting into the garbage. She has been like an adult dog since she was 6 months old.
  • I really love that she would do anything to please me. It makes training much easier.
Daisy
  • I love that Daisy is very loveable, to people that she knows. She loves to be massaged and scratched and she comes up to you if you are upset.
  • I love her soft fur. I also love that she sheds nowhere near as much as Dakota and Ditto
  • I love that although Daisy can be "mean" to the other dogs (bossing them around) she really does care for them. She shows concern when they are hurt.
  • I love that she is very smart, even though he stubbornness sometimes masks it.
  • I love her noises. She rarely barks, but she "talks" a lot.
Weegee
  • I love that I never have any doubt that he loves me. He follows me around and is ridiculously excited when I come home, even if I was only gone 10 minutes.
  • I love his hair. It is a lot of work but I think he is adorable
  • I love how excited he gets when we play fetch. He would do anything for his ball.
  • I love that he lays next to me in bed every night.
  • I love the noises he makes. He makes little barking/talking noises when he wants me to throw the ball for him.

In general, I just love them. They are great dogs. I love that they all get along so well.

#18 ·
I love...
-that he is so smart and learns quickly.
-how excited he gets when I come home from work.
-that he shows a lot of the personality traits of a purebred GSD even though he is a mix.
-his big dumb ears. I hope they are always too big for his head because I think its adorable.
- that he travels well in the car.
- that he isn't scared of people or other dogs.
-that he is mine!

Attachments

#19 ·
I <3 Molly's intelligence and nosiness. I find her expression so cute when she is sniffing something and trying to work out what it is.

I <3 how she doesn't care how big you are, she will get between me and a 300lb grown man and growl if she thinks he's a threat.

#20 ·
Sinister ~ I love EVERYTHING about him. I love that he is my best friend, my partner in crime, my shadow, my heart. I love that he makes me feel safe, he makes me proud to be his owner and he makes me feel loved. I love how smart he is and how quick he learns. I love that he knows when I am sad and he lets me hug him and cry into his fur. I love how wonderful he is with people, kids and other animals. I love that he is in my life and he is the love of my life!

Draco ~ I love this little guy. I love that he is so sweet, he's so friendly and loving. I love that he always makes me laugh and smile, he is so silly and he is such a character. I love that he sleeps in my bed every night and he keeps me warm and makes me feel like I am not alone. I love that he is always happy and full of life. I love my Dal puppy, he's my little cuddle bug!.

#21 ·
I love that my two became my reason for living this year when I went from one operation to the next ( 6 operations in 6 months; one more to go. ) And all I had were people telling me I had to give them up which I stubbornly refused to do. I'm glad every day that I did. My family thought I was nuts when I was still using a walker after I had come home and I went and got 2 high energy, young german shepherds out of the kennel they had been vegetating in for 6 months and I have no regrets. They haven't knocked me down. They have been marvelous about doing their business outside. I even love how they are on a tight schedule. " Mom, it's 8:30. It's time for our run!" Bang on the kennel. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.