#1 ·
Other than shepherds?

Are they male or female?

AGe?

Who is the king or queen of your house?

second in command? lol

Was curious how multi breed houses work out

#91 ·
We have a 9 year old (last November) purebred/non-registered, female (spayed) Basset Hound named Daisy. She was a birthday present for my son, and we brought her home when she was 10 weeks old. She tripped over her own ears for the first six months.

On the first day we brought Ranger home, I thought for sure that he would establish dominance, due to his gender and physical size. He is already much taller than Daisy, but the Basset has him by about 25 pounds (60 +/- pounds to his 35 pounds). I misjudged both dogs' abilities to determine age and respect for elders. Daisy established dominance in the first few hours.

Over the next several days she would growl and snarl at Ranger if he got close. She even gave him at least two "bites" on the neck. I somewhat understand the "language," and realize there was no intention to cause physical harm, though. I do not get between the two of them. They have to work it out on their own. The adult BH has to teach the young GSD what is acceptable and what is not in our "pack."

A week into this, Ranger still attempts to play, but usually Daisy wants nothing to do with it. Although, I have seen them sharing a long rope tug a few times. It's neat to watch Ranger follow Daisy all over the back yard for 30 minutes, then come back to the porch and guard her.

We also have a 7 year old, domestic long hair cat. She is so easy going that she barely wakes up when Ranger's nose is two inches away and he is barking up a storm at her. The cat has hissed a few times, but never swatted. I really wish she had, because it would have made my work much easier. A good swat or two with those claws on his puppy nose would have gotten the point across quickly.

Instead, I have made up several rattle bottles (with the aid of my 2 year old daughter) and placed them throughout the house. Now when we see Ranger bothering the cat, or doing anything else that is unacceptable, we just give one of the bottles a shake and he stops immediately. Well, almost immediately. Sometimes we have to be a little more stern with the rattle when his attention is on the cat.

#92 ·
Right now, it's just Finn the Wonder Pup. He's 5 and he's a White GSD. We lost our Tri-Colored Collie in September. Outside of him, we have three cats, a bird, and a bunch of fish.

#99 ·
I live with 3 dogs; Sam the 8 1/2 month old German Shepherd(of course), Hanna the 5 year old yellow Labrador Retriever and Scrappy the 6 year old Retriever/Shepherd mix(my boyfriend's family dog). I'd get another dog eventually if I could, most likely a purebred show Golden Retriever.

#104 ·
I've only got Remy at MY apartment, but I bring her everywhere I go. At my parents', they have a 4 y/o M Papillon and a 6 y/o M Wheaten Terrier mix, she gets along great w them, except when they are done playing and she is not- then she just annoys them! LOL. At my ex's house, they've got a 6 y/o M black Lab and a 3 m/o F ****zu- the ****zu loves to play, black lab is getting older and can't keep up as much, but so far, every dog Remy's met has pretty much loved her though , luckily she is very easy to get along with!

#105 ·
Dogs including breeds and ages:
Isabella Grace, 5 years old, spayed female PB Chihuahua, 2.5 lb
Eddie, 3 years old, neutered Chihuahua/Pom mix, 4 lb
Axel, 4 months old this Friday, soon to be neutered PB GSD, gains more weight every day

Who rules to roost:
For sure it is little Mrs Isabella. She is my lap baby and bosses the boys around. Second is Eddie. He tries to tell Axel how things are going to be and is very snappy with him..... and Axel just doesn't care. LOL He just plays and is a happy baby boy. Axel does have a little food gaurding, so he is only fed or given bones inside his kennel. No chances taken with the dogs or my toddler son! Everyone is still adjusting, but I can tell with time we will all be one big happy family!

Attachments

#108 ·
We have an eight year old boxer/lab mix that we adopted in January of 06 from a rescue league. She has never been a house dog; we tried bringing her inside after we first got her, but she wasn't interested in being inside. Three years later she was attacked and lost the use of her right front leg. The idiot vet that I took her to tried to tell me that she had been hit by a car. Yeah right. Trauma like that doesn't cause puncture wounds on the inside of a leg with no wounds anywhere else. It was either coyotes or the dogs belonging to an irresponsible neighbor. :rolleyes:

#109 · (Edited)
I've got two kids, a husband, a seven year old lab, a seven year old toy poodle, a two year old GSD.... three cats, a chicken and a horse.

We just lost our eight year old Great Dane, last fall rehomed the eViL billy goat, and in the past three years have gone from seven horses and six hens down to just the one of each.
I had started feeling like I was running a zoo sometimes.

#110 ·
Jack - Male GSD - 2-1/2 tomorrow
Lillian - Female Weimaraner - estimated around 7-8 years old
Mattie - Female GSD - 10-1/2 next month

I am Queen of everyone.

Lillian and Jack take turns fooling themselves into thinking they have the final word on any matter. They don't. It's still me ;)

Senior Miss Mattie could give a hoot what either of those two young fools are doing.

#112 ·
I have Catty: 5 y/o black German intact female. (soon to be spayed) Isis: 4 y/o blue APBT spayed female. Zeike: 5 y/o fawn Doberman neutered male. Happy four legged house hold w/not enough bed space, LoL!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.