German Shepherds Forum banner

If you could change 'anything' about your dog, what would it be?

51K views 163 replies 140 participants last post by  ADogCalledQuest 
#1 ·
I am just curious, and I thought we may be able to help each other with behavioral problems. However, it can be ANYTHING, no matter how big or small. This includes physical traits. Like how I wish Tazor didn't turn into a saddleback...I loved his blanket, but whatever..haha. I also wish his prey drive disappeared as I don't like how he chases my cat in the backyard. Anyway, just wondering.

#90 ·
Dog reactivity! And maybe have her have an occasional sleep in!

The above are for my benefit. For hers I would get rid of her allergies or whatever is making her so itchy!!!

#95 ·
His separation anxiety. We've been together for two years now, and I think he's at a point where he's not quite AS anxious about me leaving, but he's still upset. It's taken time and a lot of floor messes, and although it's not as severe now, it's still something that bothers both of us.

And possible size as well. My boy is 55 lbs, and although he's amazing and perfect size for his "job" right now, I wouldn't mind him being a bit larger.

#96 ·
Well..

To be honest, my first response was, "that she not be so aggressive to other dogs and people." But then, I realized that she is what she is due to being abused and since I have rescued her, she has made me a better person even because of her aggression. She had brought out the best in me, which is more than I can say for many humans in my life!

#103 ·
My girl is still young (8 months) but I have never had such an easy puppy...ever, and she has high drive. She only has two bad things...she is a puller and she has coprophagia. The pulling we are working on so I am dealing (my arm isn't happy when we walk though) but the poo eating is really really really gross. If it was her own she ate it would be a simple fix, but it is everyone elses. I can't let her play without her finding a nice pile to "clean up" Strangely she has a strong leave it except for this. Anything else her nose goes close to that I don't like...leave it, she comes back to me. Poo...leave it, looks at me, eats it really fast, then comes to me! UGH!

#105 ·
I feel you on the poo eating. I went through that with Raina when she was younger. Only, she would only eat her own or cat poo if available. I solved the problem by always being near her when she is outside. She goes on a pretty regular schedule now as she is five years old now so I know when she is going to poop. I scoop quickly and she forgets about it. I check the yard in the morning before I let her out for the cat stuff as they always use the same spot under one tree so it is easy to find the pile they scratch up. My vet suggested putting hot sauce on it and leaving it there to see if that would help but since she licked the hot sauce off the lawn chair arm she chewed on as a puppy I didn't think the hot sauce would work - she would probably think I was flavoring it for her!

#109 · (Edited)
Riley is 8 months old and has a very short attention span. She is gogogo all the time and nothing hardly keeps her attention more than 5 minutes. I've spent hundreds in toys to interest her and she tires of them so quickly.

Kala would be her slight toy aggression she has towards other dogs (who aren't going to take her toy) otherwise she is pretty darn near perfect.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#110 ·
Shedding. If I could just go one day without vacuuming my whole house, sofa and clothes I would be estatic. I buy lint rollers in bulk. Evenafter just combing him out theres hair. Im starting to have hairball nightmares..lol

#111 ·
I wish my oldest, Jager, would have spent more time alone when he was a pup. Within the first week of me having him, one of my roommates expressed to a mutual friend that he kicked my pup. Until I could properly get him evicted over about 3-4 weeks, any time I could not be with him he went to my grandmother's. He has separation anxiety now as an adult as a result. I'll gladly take that any day though over the thought of what could have happened had I not found out immediately about what a scumbag my roommate was.

#112 ·
Dear Wolfbane,

If I could change anything about you...it would be how much your hairy @$$ sheds. I mean, bro...it's everywhere.

On my pillow. On my cocktail. Toothbrush. Jacket. Freezer. Car. Homework. Lamp. Curtains. And now...I'm picking one of your hairs off of my dinner plate.

Oh. But Lordy forbid it ever lands in the trash can where I end up dumping your endless filthy globs of fluffy doom.

But the love you give is so worth it <3

#114 ·
I would make him a black sable. ACTUALLY, I would make him about 3 inches shorter and weigh about 80lbs max (currently around 28 inches and I'm guessing he'll weigh around 95lbs *HOPEFULLY* lean once he's done filling out)

Either that, or I would make him a black sable. Love him to death, just wish he was a tad darker ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.